Robots in everyday life
Course authors and lecturers
Andrey Vitalyevich Kravtsov
Candidate of Physical and Mathematical Sciences, Bauman Moscow State Technical University.
Boris Sergeyevich Starshinov
Candidate of Engineering, Bauman Moscow State Technical University.
About the course
Familiarizing students with the rudiments of robotronics and mechatronics, specifics of using mechatronic devices in everyday life, and designing a primitive household mechatronic device.
1. Introduction to robotronics.
2. Robots' actuation devices.
3. Control systems of robots.
4. Using robotronic devices in extreme conditions. Practical tasks.
Purpose of the course
Give students information about modern state of mechatronics as an area of technical science and a technical and technological branch.
Completed course of math and physics classes over 8 years in a general secondary school, knowing primitive techniques for mechanical and electrical assembly works.
As a result, students will be able to demonstrate the following knowledge and skills:
- knowledge of fundamental and engineering solutions, used in mechatronics;
- ability to draw up a research plan (observing, measuring, conducting experiments, and composing reports on the research conducted);
- application of key methods, ways and means of obtaining, storing and processing information; work with a computer as a means of information management;
- being able to design primitive mechatronic devices.